Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Topsy Turvey Dolls

This is a Topsy Turvey Doll.
Two dolls in one.
We found the pattern here, but
tweaked it a bit.
We didn't make the arms separate from the
body but made it one piece, cut it out as
one piece.
This is my doll. I wanted
one doll. One side she is awake
the flip side she is asleep.
her name is Jasmine. She isn't
finish yet, I still have to
make her sleeping cap. When
I'm finished I'll post a final
picture.
Here I am hand stitching
her dress.

Here is the embroidered face

Here I'm attaching her hair. I wanted her
to have braids. So I cut three strands, knotted
them in the middle, attached the knot to her
head and braided the six strands into
two braids

Torah Keeping Maiden,
YahChanna

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


I wanted two dolls. A white doll and a black doll
both are babies.
Here I'm sewing the doll together

Here I'm embroidering the face on the white doll.


the face is finished!


Here is the finished white doll, her name Caroline.
My doll isn't finished yet, I'm working on the
dress of the black baby who's name
will be Sarah. When I finish her
I'll post pics of both dolls.

Here is little Caroline


The pattern we used for the dresses and
bonnets is Simplicity 4707

Our mom enlarged the pattern on PagePlus a free
a desktop publishing program that she uses to makes
lapbook templates, cards, worksheet,
and lots of other things

Torah Keeping Maiden,
AbbiYah

4 comments:

  1. You girls are doing excellent work!
    ~marni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! What a great job! Where did you get the pattern for the dolls?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your dolls...great job! May Yah Bless you in your skill learning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...beautiful work! I should learn to sew so that our family can enjoy projects like these.

    ReplyDelete