Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Guitar Playing Maidens


About two weeks, after Sukkot, my Daddy comes
home with this huge box...


What's in the box Daddy?
Such fun trying to figure out what could it be...


First he took out what looked like a backpack
folded up on itself, wrapped in plastic.... huh?


Why did you buy a backpack?


Then as he was pulling out more smaller boxes, I opened
the backpack... and it wasn't a backpack but,
a gig bag for a guitar!!!


Squills of excitement filled the room...

"Daddy, Daddy did you get me my guitar?"


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


OK, I'm going to backtrack a bit and tell
what happen before I received this gift...

almost a year ago...

I started saving my money to buy a guitar,
I thought I would have to save a lot of money to buy a nice guitar,
until a friend told us that the Toys-R-Us store had
guitars for twenty four dollars! I thought
"Gee! I've just got enough money!" So about a week later,
we were at the toy store picking which guitar I wanted, there
were many different colors to pick from,
pink, blue, black. etc. First I wanted a pink guitar,
until I saw that the rosette


it said 'ROCK STAR!' sooo I didn't choose the pink one.
I don't want to be a rock star I just
want to worship Yahweh through music.

Oh, I love the color blue... but the flames made
it look more boyish than girlish... soooo


I moved on to the next color... natural... hum... well that's more like me.
So natural it was, and this is what it looked like...


Once I got it home and started fiddling with it,
I realized that maybe it wasn't such a good
deal after all. It never stayed in tune, well actually
I don't think it ever was in tune... now, I understand
that if your going to invest in a guitar and be
serious about your playing it's best
to spend more money for a better
guitar.

I was wanting a nicer guitar, but spent my money on
the toy one. So I asked my Daddy if I were
to learn three songs on this little guitar would
he be willing to buy me a nicer one?

He said it was a deal!! Yes!! now all I had to
do was to learn two more songs, I had already
learned one, 'How great is our El'

But, soon I became discouraged because no matter,
how well I learned the songs, if the guitar is not
in tune, it sounds terrible. Soon, the guitar
was left in it's box over in the corner. I didn't loose
interest but was discouraged, because I love
beautiful music and the only time the
guitar made beautiful music is when
it was in it's box, lol.

One month ago....
I found my encouragement, my
inspiration at Mousetail Landing State Park.
It was during Sukkot, the Fournier's were
hosting the gathering and nearly each
night we would all gather at their
campsite for worship, testimonies, and
fellowship.
It was the worship time and the beautiful
worship music that inspired me.
I wanted my family to worship
together with music like the
Fourniers. I wanted to play
like they did. So I committed
myself to learn those two songs
and get my 'real' guitar. And that's
what I did. When we got home I had my guitar
in my hands as often as I could. I practice,
no matter how horrid it sounded and
I learned my three songs :-D


Then I had Daddy listen to all three songs and
reminded of our agreement.
He said, 'well, we did agree and you did fulfill your end
of the bargain so I guess I'll have to get you your guitar"


I thought for sure we would go guitar shopping the next
day or two. But no, I asked again and he said
he'll take care of it and not to worry about it.

about two weeks ago...
here is what was in the box





1. Full-size Solid-Top Harmonia nylon string guitar.

2. Soft guitar case with shoulder straps and a zip compartment for music.

3. Guitar stand to use when your leaving the guitar out.

4. All four volumes of Jean Welles Worship Guitar Class DVDs

5. All four Books for the four volumes, plus $40 bonus e-books.

6. A Music Stand that folds up for easy transporting.

7. An easy to use Guitar Capo - Planet Waves NS Capo.

8. A DVD showing you how to Tune and String your guitar.

9. A string winder that makes changing guitar strings a snap.

10. The Planet Waves Chromatic Headstock Tuner. It tune any string instrument with a head - guitars, bases, violins, banjos on and on. It's accurate even in noisy environments.

and that is the story behind the gift box

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

On a final note YahChanna has inherited my Toys r Us guitar. With the Chromatic Tuner we are able to tune both guitars and you know what, that little guitar sounds pretty good now!!

So I have or should I say we have exchanged our recorders for guitar lessons and now on Shabbat's or in the evening we can sit around play music, sing and worship together as a family, just like I had hoped we would :-) Because now I have learned not only three songs but seven so far. Yahweh is good to his children!!


5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and heart warming sharing....great job Abbi Yah! And Yes YHVH does love HIS children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so wonderful! Let us know what songs you are practicing so Hailey and Elijah can learn them and we can worship tpgether when we see you next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'll send the music to your e-mail. That would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations! praise YHWH with all your heart!

    .autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guitar is such a wonderful instrument- I love playing it! May YHVH bless your efforts and praise to Him!

    Blessings,
    Miss Toria
    www.purelittleladiesministry.com

    ReplyDelete