Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Dancing Maiden

   these are the girls I met at Sukkot, shining examples to me           
During our Sukkot camping trip I
learned a new way to worship YHWH.

      DANCING!

Yes, dancing in a Hebraic way.
I really enjoyed it.  When we got home I would practice dancing everyday.  And then momma surprised us with two dance DVDs Rejoice In The Dance & Worship Him in Dance.  There are five basic steps in Hebraic dance.
  1. Miyim or grapevine
  2. Terkasia
  3. Yeminite
  4. Hopping Box
  5. Coupe
From these five you can put them together and create your own dance steps.  Once you know the steps it's really easy.  And joyful to dance for YHWH.

At Sukkot I met some girls that were older and younger than me.  These girls were a good example to me, because they let the light of Yahshua shine through them and made me want to follow.  So I made a commitment to YHWH that I would choose to follow him, walk in Torah.  I'm very grateful for being able to meet those girls and I'm very very happy to give my life to YHWH.

3 comments:

  1. YahChanna, may you never regret full surrender! Keep growing in HIM...I'm so excited that you've made the commitment to follow Him with your very being. What a joy and a blessing! Worship Him with the dance (I love Davidic Dancing, unfortunately I no longer remember the dance steps though)! May your new life in Messiah be blessed abundantly!!

    {Hugs}
    Miss Toria
    www.purelittleladiesministry.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Hebraic dancing as well! This past Sukkot I danced more than I have in a while, and was quite sore afterwards. : ) Thank you for sharing your experience!

    .Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we that was so much fun. My, sisters favorite dance is pilgrims proggres. We are dancing it in the picture above. Sunny Tucker

    ReplyDelete