Saturday, September 4, 2010

Bright Lights

I've started a new devotional called Bright Lights with my Mom. It was started by Sarah Mally and has lots of testimonies and good lessons, so far I like it!


One lesson I wanted to share with you is called "Developing a Strong Relationship with Your Parents". I think this is very important to us young ladies, as we get into our teen years. We never stop needing them as we learn and grow. Most teenagers think that being under their parent's authority is bad and can't wait to be on their own with no one to tell them what to do. They don't understand that they will always be under YAH's authority. Here are some ways to give your heart to your parents:

~Look for ways to honor them
~Express thankfulness
~Ask them for advice
~Do not keep secrets from them
~Trust them
~Maintain a clear conscience with them
~Look for ways to serve them
~Be available if they need you

The hardest thing for me is obeying them cheerfully, with my smile and to remember my "mam's and sirs". I need to make that a priority.

I am still learning. =-)

Love,

Hailey

2 comments:

  1. We ordered the first set of BL and patiently
    :-) waiting for it to arrive. Looks like a very good curr for TKM.

    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Hailey I think that is very common with girls our age. It's especially, when don't say it nicely. But, besides that your tips have helped already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Love,
    Sunny Tucker

    ReplyDelete