Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dog Training Maiden

Did you know that owning a pet can prolong your life expectancy up to 3 years? To make those enjoyable, some training might be useful. Do you know how to train a dog? Well, I didn't know how to either, until now... 

 
Why is it important to train your dog? From Scripture, we understand that Yahweh is pleased when things are done in order... "But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way." ~1 Cor. 14:40 and Col. 3:23 says "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for YHWH, not for men..." so this is why I think training our pets is a good thing.

Here are a couple of "rules" to start with...


Always remember to use positive reinforcement, and be firm, but loving.
And never underestimate your dogs ability to learn.



5 comments:

  1. This is nice! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,Buster is a cute dog and so obedient! Great lesson thanks Halea.

    YahKheena & girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Halea! I like the name Buster....and you did a great job too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just watched the video...you're doing a great job and Buster seems VERY obedient already! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How are you Halea? Your dog is very cute. I am training my dog Shiloh and I have done some reserch also! I enjoyed your post! Hailey

    ReplyDelete