Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mulberry Pie

We found a mulberry tree the other day and we've been
waiting for some of the berries to ripen.
Today we grabbed our harvesting
buckets and picked berries, three cups full.

YahChanna~
I mixed the flour, salt, and sugar
to make the pie crust,

then I cut the Crisco in to the flour mixture,


it should look like this, ground corn meal

I put the ice water in next,

then mixed it into dough

mama rolled it out from me,

then I laid it in the pan,

I trimmed the excess dough off the sides.

AbbiYah~
I mixed the sugar & flour,



Then sprinkled the mixture on top of the Mulberries,


Then I mixed the mulberries with the sugar mixture,

OOPS!
I forgot to mix the spices with the sugar, oh well I'll just
sprinkle them on top!

give one more good mix,


I poured the filling in the pie crust,

Then I sliced the butter in tiny pieces,

And I dotted the pie with the butter!

YahChanna~
here I am putting the crust on top,

then I trim the excess off

I'm pressing the crust together


mama cut the dough like leaves
and I put the leaves on the pie.


AbbiYah~
I did such hard work on cutting out the TKM initials,
but I thought it would be worth it since this was a TKM project.

YahChanna~
Here's the cooked pie with the TKM on it,
now here is the complete cooked pie, we made ourselves!

And here we both are holding the pie together
we were so excited, it tasted really good!
get the recipe here






4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Great job girls!

    Shabbat Shalom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbin said that it looks like a really neat pie...and I (momma) have always wanted to try a Mulberry Pie! Great Job Ladies....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy... Halea and I made a Mulberry Cobbler last week. Great Job :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! The TKM initials are very well done! Love, Hailey

    ReplyDelete